The registration fee for the nursery or primary class is a £50 one-off, non-refundable administrative charge.
About our fees
The table below shows fees for hours between 8.30am and 3.00pm. Read more about our hours including after-school clubs and other drop-off and pick-up times.
Early years funding (15 hours) does not cover the real cost of high quality education. As a result, the fees for additional hours may seem disproportionately high. To support families we have calculated the fees on a sliding scale, so that the additional charge significantly reduces as attendance increases.
Fees and hours
We offer flexible hours between 8.30am and 3.00pm. Fees will differ depending on the number of days and hours of attendance.
The fees shown in the table below are based on a 10-week term. Some terms are 11 or 12 weeks long, and therefore an adjustment will be made accordingly pro-rata.
Other attendance options are available, please contact us to enquire about availability and to make an appointment to visit our school.
Fees and hours table
|Age of child/Year group||Number of days/Hours of attendance (Flexible hours 8.30am–3.00pm||Hourly rate (or 15 hours funding deducted)||Termly rate (after funding, where applicable)|
|2 years old||Min. 2 mornings||£7.50||As invoiced|
|3 years old||Min. 4 mornings or equivalent (16 hrs)||15 hrs Early years funding||£560|
|3 years old||3 full days or equivalent (18 hrs)||15 hrs Early years funding||£689|
|3 years old||2 full days & 2 mornings or equivalent (21 hrs)||15 hrs Early years funding||£827|
|3 years old||(32.5 hrs)||15 hrs Early years funding||£1,231|
|4 years old||Min. 4 mornings and 2 afternoons or the equivalent (19 hrs)||15 hrs Early years funding||£904|
|4 years old||4 mornings and 4 afternoons or equivalent (24 hrs)||15 hrs Early years funding||£1,089|
|4 years old||32.5 hrs||15 hrs Early years funding||£1,404|
|Year R (funded child)||32.5 hrs (4 days’ attendance is an option)||15 hrs Early years funding||£1,404|
|Year R to Year 2||32.5 hrs||Non-funded||£2,150|
Early years funding (15 hours)
All three-year-old and four-year-old children are eligible for 15 hours per week of Early years funding for six terms beginning the term after their third birthday. This means that summer-born children will receive 15 hours per week of funding for all or part of their reception year (Year R).
All extra hours will be charged at the following rates, except for some after school classes where payment is made to the specialist teacher, e.g. yoga or sport. All other before or after school hours will be charged at £7.50 per hour.
What is included in the fees?
Fees are inclusive of all aspects of the curriculum offered within normal school hours (8.30am–3.00pm), including: music & drama, sport, yoga & mindfulness and French. Snacks and access to our online report portal – My Montessori Child – are also included.
What is not included in the fees?
- After-school hours/clubs/classes and school trips.
- Extra hours (hours in addition to those agreed on the termly invoice).
- Fees are payable termly in advance upon receipt of invoice and must be received by the Friday preceding the start of each new term, or the Friday before your child is due to start at our school. A surcharge of £10 per day will be made for late payments.
- Fees can be paid on a monthly basis where this has been agreed with the head teacher in advance. A surcharge of 2% is payable.
- Fees can be paid using childcare vouchers or tax-free childcare. More information about tax-free childcare is on the Gov UK website.
- One full term’s notice in writing is required when your child is due to leave our school (one full term does not include or constitute anything other than a full term. Any time outside of term-time will not be considered or included as part of the notice period).
- Notice that your child will leave our school must be received before a term begins.
- In the event that notice is given on or after the first day of a new term, a full term’s fees will be charged in lieu of notice.