The registration fee for the nursery or primary class is a £50 one-off, non-refundable administrative charge.
About our fees and funding
The table below shows fees for hours between 8.30am and 3pm. However, our school hours are 8.30am–4pm: after-school club fees apply for children staying between 3pm and 4pm.
Read more about our hours including after-school clubs and other drop-off and pick-up times.
Early Years Funding (15 hours) does not cover the real cost of high quality education. As a result, the fees for additional hours may seem disproportionately high. To support families, we have calculated the fees on a sliding scale so that the additional charge decreases significantly as attendance increases.
Fees and hours
We offer flexible hours between 8.30am and 4pm. Fees will differ depending on the number of days and hours of attendance.
The fees shown in the table below are based on a 10-week term. Some terms are 11 or 12 weeks long, and therefore an adjustment will be made accordingly pro-rata.
There are other attendance options aside from those in the table below. Please contact us to ask about availability and to make an appointment to visit our school.
Fees and hours table
|Age or year group||Number of days or hours of attendance (Flexible hours 8.30am–3pm||Hourly rate (or 15 hours funding deducted)||Termly rate (after funding, where applicable)|
|2 years old||Min. 2 mornings||£8||As invoiced|
|3 and 4 years old||4 mornings or equivalent (16 hrs)||15 hrs Early Years Funding||£634|
|3 and 4 years old||3 full days or equivalent (18 hrs)||15 hrs Early Years Funding||£794|
|3 and 4 years old||4 mornings and 2 afternoons or the equivalent (19 hrs)||15 hrs Early Years Funding||£831|
|3 and 4 years old||2 full days & 2 mornings or equivalent (21 hrs)||15 hrs Early Years Funding||£983|
|3 and 4 years old||4 mornings and 4 afternoons or equivalent (24 hrs)||15 hrs Early Years Funding||£1,089|
|3 and 4 years old||(32.5 hrs)||15 hrs Early Years Funding||£1,857|
|Year R (funded child)||32.5 hrs (4 days’ attendance is an option)||15 hrs Early Years Funding||£1,857|
|Year R, Year 1 and Year 2||32.5 hrs||Non-funded||£2,292|
Early Years Funding (15 hours)
All three-year-old and four-year-old children are eligible for 15 hours per week of Early Years Funding for six terms beginning the term after their third birthday. Children born in summer will receive 15 hours per week of Early Years Funding up to and including the term in which they turn five.
This funding does not cover the actual cost of high-quality education, so we make a small charge for additional services and consumables. You can download our Admissions Policy for Early Years Funding from our policies and procedures page.
For some after-school classes (e.g. yoga or sport) payment is made to the specialist teacher. All other extra hours – before or after-school – will be charged at £8 per hour.
What is included in the fees?
Fees coves all aspects of the curriculum offered within normal school hours (8.30am–3pm) including music & drama, sport, yoga & mindfulness, and French. Snacks and access to our online report portal – My Montessori Child – are also included.
What is not included in the fees?
- After-school hours/clubs/classes and school trips.
- Extra hours in addition to those agreed on the termly invoice.
- Fees are payable termly in advance upon receipt of invoice. Payment must be received by the Friday preceding the start of each new term, or the Friday before your child is due to start at our school. A surcharge of £10 per week will be made for late payments.
- Fees can be paid on a monthly basis where this has been agreed with the head teacher in advance. A surcharge of 2% is payable.
- Fees can be paid using childcare vouchers or tax-free childcare. More information about tax-free childcare is on the Gov UK website.
- One full term’s notice in writing is required when your child is due to leave our school (one full term does not include or constitute anything other than a full term. Any time outside of term-time will not be considered or included as part of the notice period).
- Notice that your child will leave our school must be received before a term begins.
- In the event that notice is given on or after the first day of a new term, a full term’s fees will be charged in lieu of notice.